The Hectic Podcast
Generational wealth with Satta Hightower
February 28, 2022
Darryl Kelly / Satta Hightower
If you look up the word “capable” in the dictionary, you’ll find a picture of Satta Hightower, my guest this week. A gift storyteller, she has spent the last eight years building a thriving freelance content marketing business that is creating a foundation for her family’s future. Though she stumbled upon freelancing accidentally, she has successfully QUADRUPLED her income through her business.
Satta shows us how to achieve great things, seek a spectrum of perspectives, and focus on the important things - all while finding a balance that ensures joy in every area of life.
In this episode, you’ll learn:
- About Satta’s love of storytelling and its roots in her cultural heritage.
- Why done is better than perfect, particularly when overcoming creative blocks in your craft.
- How two layoffs in five years birthed her powerful freelance business.
- The changes she’s seen from her early days of independent creation to her approach today.
- The ways that fighting to build generational wealth for her family gives purpose to her work.
- Why she believes wealth building and freelancing are linked, especially in regards to income streams.
- How Satta is being inspired to nurture her creativity, mind, body, and spirit through the women she admires.
- About her dream to explore life, culture, and multi-faceted black stories through her millennial perspective.
- About her experiences as a dynamic, successful, first-generation Liberian-American woman, entrepreneur, mother, wife, and neighbor.
- Why it’s so important to embrace and promote a variety of perspectives and stories in our work, media, and communities.