The Hectic Podcast
Vision with Jacqueline Corley (Founder and CEO, Tech Girls Code)
May 10, 2021
Darryl Kelly / Jacqueline Corley
From the moment Jacqueline Corley’s parents brought home their first computer, she was hooked. Join us this week to hear about her experiences as a woman in tech, tips for finding the vision you were born with, and advice for finding the ways you can stand out in your field.
As a published author, speaker, professor, coder, and podcast host, Jackie has so much to share as my guest this week.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- Her journey from a child intrigued by her first computer to a professor who helps others discover the magic of technology.
- Why it’s important to have more women in coding (it’s probably not what you think).
- About the power of perspective - and why your impact might be the missing piece to
- something great.
- How to know when you should look inward rather than search for the ideal mentor.
- Jackie’s attempts to run kicking and screaming from her inner vision.
- ...and why she never gave up on it.
- How you can differentiate yourself from other freelancers in your field.
- Why Jackie considers herself a 4x minority in her work and what that has taught her.
- Why her husband Travis is her biggest inspiration.
- Tips for focusing on the value, not cost, of your work.