The Hectic Podcast
Find your people with Dr. Sarah Moon (Clinical psychologist & DEI consultant)
July 19, 2021
Darryl Kelly / Dr. Sarah Hye Lim Moon
To get an idea of who my guest is this week, you only need to look at her Instagram handle, @thequeerkoreanpsychologist. In her work, Dr. Sarah Moon helps immigrants, people of color, and members of the LGBTQIA+ community find ways to move from surviving to thriving in their lives. Today, she shares what led to this work and why it’s so important to her.
In this episode, you’ll hear:
- Why it’s important to focus on processing big things like COVID-19 rather than trying to come up with an answer.
- The reasons so many in minority communities struggle with a survival, scarcity mindset.
- How this conversation related to my (Darryl’s) personal story.
- The first step that can take you from survival to healing and being grounded in your life.
- Which unrecognized stressors can lead to burnout for people in minority communities.
- And how you can find the time and energy to fight it.
- How awareness and knowledge are leading to important changes today.
- How understanding the positives and negatives of normalization can promote empathy and compassion.
- Tips for speaking up and challenging norms.
- How you can find more resources on diversity, equity, and inclusion work for your freelancing business.
Dr. Sarah Moon's website
Follow Dr. Sarah Moon on IG: @thequeerkoreanpsychologist